Thursday's JV boys' tennis at Hayden is canceled due to weather. This game is rescheduled
for Tuesday, April 29 at 4:00 PM.
End of Senior Year: Activities and Graduation
Click here to read the parent letter
regarding end of senior year activities including graduation.
Win a Shopping Spree at Hy-Vee
Help support Washburn Rural High School sophomores as they raise money for their class projects — including prom!
Donate $5 to participate in a drawing for a chance to win a shopping spree at Hy-Vee Grocery. Details are listed below:
- $5 donation per entry. You may enter as many times as you like. Please make checks out to WRHS.
- Drawing will be held on June 5, and the winner will be contacted by phone or email via WRHS representative.
- Shopping Spree will take place at Topeka Hy-Vee 9:00 AM Thursday, June 6. Alternative date may be scheduled if needed.
- Winner will be given five minutes to fill a shopping cart with a maximum $500 worth of groceries.
- Limit two items per product under $15. Limit one item per product over $15.
- Catering orders, tobacco products, money services (Western Union, money orders), lottery, pharmacy, and alcohol excluded.
Contact Stephanie Zeckser, or (785) 339-4196, to make your donation before May 6.
Summer School Credit Recovery
Students interested in taking advantage of summer school English or math credit recovery,
click here for information regarding the summer school session.
WRHS Drama Presents: Still Life with Iris
April 24 - 26
This play for young audiences follows a fantastical adventure which focuses on a little girl's
search for the simplest of things: home.
Click here for ticket information.
Auburn-Washburn Public Schools Foundation: Scholar-Dollar Fundraiser
The Auburn-Washburn Public Schools Foundation is offering Scholar-Dollars Cards for sale through elementary schools in Auburn-Washburn.
Students will sell the $10 Scholar-Dollars Card with buy one, get one free offers through Monday, April 14th. Proceeds from the
Scholar-Dollars card sales support the participating schools and the Auburn-Washburn Public Schools Foundation.
The 2014 participating businesses include Boss Hawg’s, Going Bonkers, Papa Murphy’s, Hy-Vee, Planet Sub, Orange Leaf, West Ridge Lanes,
Sonic, Pizagel’s, CiCi’s Pizza, Outback Steakhouse, Mad Eliza’s, Taco John’s, Jason’s Deli, and Sheridan’s. Scholar-Dollars Cards may be
purchased with cash, check, and/or online at
Scholar-Dollars Cards purchased online may be delivered to a particular student or mailed directly to the purchaser.
Summer Enrichment Programs
Click here to view this year's list of summer enrichment camps.
Want to learn about earning FREE college credit? Check out the articulation agreements on the CTE Website.